Message from Sub-Project Manager
Prof. Dr. Md. Sekender Ali
Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University, Dhaka
All praises are due to Almighty Allah Who enables me to establish this Digital Archive on Agricultural Theses and Journals of Bangladesh with financial help from Window 3 (University-wide Innovation) of Academic Innovation Fund (AIF) of Higher Education Quality Enhancement Project (HEQEP) under University Grants Commission of Bangladesh (UGCB). MS/M.Sc. and PhD Theses/Dissertations and Journals of Bangladesh Agricultural University (BAU), Mymensingh; Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Agricultural University (BSMRAU), Gazipur and Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University (SAU), Dhaka are included in this digital archive. It will be linked with the websites of BdREN and respective universities. Academicians, researchers, librarians, students, policy makers, extension providers, farmers etc. will get following benefits from this archive:
- Nationwide digitization aim of the present government will be fulfilled.
- The future researchers will be able to review past studies quickly in an easiest way by visiting websites. They will be able to know about all the past agricultural theses and journals Bangladesh, as a result duplication/manipulation of research will be controlled.
- The supervisors of the MS/PhD students will be able to stop their students from copying/manipulating past theses.
- Knowledge of students, teachers and future researchers will be increased and researchers will be able to search new research ideas/problems.
- Results of MS and PhD research will be disseminated world-wide.
- Institutional and academic quality of the universities as well as agricultural research organizations of Bangladesh will be improved.
- Reviewing cost of past studies for researchers will be drastically reduced as they will get all the previous information from websites in a systematic way.
- The proposed digital archive will be a milestone for other universities to prepare such type of digital archives. That will be ultimately helpful to the national development related to research activities.
The theses and journals of another six public universities of Bangladesh like SAU, Sylhet; PSTU, Patuakhali; HMDSTU, Dinajpur; CVASU, Chittagong; School of Agriculture of Khulna University; and Faculty of Agriculture of Rajshahi University will be included in this digital archive in near Future.
I am very much grateful to World Bank and Ministry of Education of Bangladesh, UGCB and HEQEP for approving to complete this archive. I would like to express my heartfelt appreciation, indebtedness and gratitude to Prof. Dr. Md. Shah-e-Alam, Vice Chancellor, Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University, Dhaka for his continuous inspiration and cooperation. I also acknowledge Dr. Kashfia Ahmed (CEO, Win Inc.) and Remizius Remi (CEO, Creative Canvas) for their appreciable consultancy. The deepest appreciation is also extended to all my Sub-Project Management Team Members and Staff for their hard work to complete the task.